Animals of many kinds have shared my life – dogs, cats, a billy goat, chickens, ducks, birds and even a griffon vulture. Often animals turn up in need of help and stay only until they feel able to cope again on their own. Other times our companion animals need help, and it was to address this need that I began to explore various alternative and natural therapies.
I had studied aromatherapy for humans as well as reflexology and other treatments. Homeopathy has played a major role too, and then I qualified as a Tellington TTouch practitioner. From there I came full circle again to essential oils and plants, but this time specifically for animals. That is when I discovered animal aromatics and decided to qualify as an applied zoopharmacognosy practitioner because I feel that TTouch and aromatics complement each other perfectly and provide a wonderfully broad base from which to address a wide range of problems which our companion animals face today as they share our increasingly more complex and stressful world.
One of the most fascinating and attractive aspects of this work is that we must never force any remedy on an animal but must allow ourselves to be guided by the animal’s own choices and needs. In this way the animal is empowered to have control over its own health and well being.
- Private zoopharmacognosy consultations
- At private consultations your animals will have the chance to self-medicate on a one-to-one basis choosing the substances they feel they need at that time – truly a “spa” session and individualised medicine at its best!
- One Day Seminars on Zoopharmacognosy
- One day seminars begin with the introductory seminar where participants learn the basics of zoopharmacognosy and how to carry out a session.
- Subsequent seminars provide the opportunity to delve deeper into this fascinating world learning about the properties of the substances selected most frequently by animals to enhance their physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- For those who really want to get to the bottom of how things work we can study pharmacology and the science of essential oils.
- Private consultation combining zoopharmacognosy and Tellington TTouch
- As Zoopharmacognosy and Tellington TTouch are such amazingly wonderful complementary approaches to animal wellbeing, clients may choose to combine both techniques.
For further information about Tellington TTouch please visit www.ttouch1.com.